Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks

How do you review a book that is impossible to put down, very well written, but so creepy you feel icky after having read it? Especially as that combination means reading into the wee hours of the morning, so the creepy parts of the book become magnified.

I guess all you can do is state the above, and add that going back to my below post it is one book that I would not like to see on the screen. An excellent read, but so disturbing I am not sure if I am glad to have read it or not.

Although, at least I didn't find it as traumatic as my friend who has a maggot phobia did. I even covered the relevant pages with a giant sticker in advance, knowing how much he hates them. Of course he took the sticker off and read it anyway though, and can safely say he found the book more disturbing than I did for it.

Can't put down rating: 10/10
Disturbing rating: 8.5/10
Overall rating: 8/10

No comments: